Thursday 26 September 2013

African Safari



I was lucky enough to have my mumma and her partner come to visit me for a few weeks in August, I got to experience all the wonders of Tanzania which people regularly travel to see. It was strange acting as a 'tourist' and being treated like one in the fancy safari camps, viewing the spectacular and infamous African wildlife, sunning on the beaches of Zanzibar and getting lost in the maze of the streets of Stone Town. Of course, it had to be done!

These photographs don't do the awesome African safari justice, mainly because a photo cannot relay the atmosphere of the plains but second to that my compact camera couldn;t quite capotuyre the magnificent scenes. None the less here are some of the best of my three day safari across Ngorongoro National Park, Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyana, I was luckily enough to experience this side of Tanzania with my mum :)

Elephants!






Giraffes!

Usually shy creatures, this one seemed oblivious and blocked our path for about an hour!


Lions!
BLurry but too much like a pride rock moment not to include!

So close, this was actually pretty terrifying!

Other wildlife!





Punk Pumbas!



Me by a lake full of hippos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...